Healthy Homes Standards
The Healthy Homes Standards are now in place for rentals and include compliance for insulation, heating, ventilation, moisture ingress/drainage and draught stopping.
We can help with measure and quotes, and inspection services to let you know where your rental complies - or will need to - and have finance options to help. Simply contact us today and let us know which rental/s you would like checked. We can liaise directly with your tenants to coordinate visits if you like too.
5 Healthy Homes NZ Standards - what are they?The 5 Healthy Homes Standards includes compliance of insulation, heating, ventilation (extraction), moisture ingress, and draught stopping. We can help with our new HomeFit Inspection Service and Report.
Latest deadlines - when do rentals need to comply?From 1st July 2021 all private rentals must meet the 5 Healthy Homes Standards with only 90 days to get work completed for new or renewed tenancies. All private rentals must meet the Standards by 1st July 2024.
Healthy Homes Rental Inspection - what's involved.From 1 July 2021 all new or renewed Tenancy Agreements MUST COMPLY with all the 5 Healthy Homes Standards within 90 days. We can inspect your rental and let know you know what you need.
HomeFit Rental Inspection & Report.Our new HomeFit inspection service and report makes rental home compliance with the Healthy Homes Standards easier. We believe healthy homes create happier tenants and more durable houses.
Finance options for rentals.We can help with interest-free finance and other payment options for your rental properties to help them comply with the Healthy Homes Standards.
Property Manager support.Property Managers - your time is important so let us help you get your rentals up to scratch with the Healthy Homes Standards.
10 reasons to choose Brightr for your rentals.
- Free Quotes. We conduct free property assessments where we measure up what's needed and provide quotes, free of charge.
- HomeFit report. Our new HomeFit home assessment tool helps property owners understand how healthy their homes are. We can provide the report and quotes within 48 hours.
- Competitive Pricing. We have competitive rates for both polyester and glasswool insulation and give obligation free quotes.
- Convenience. We liaise with your tenants, inspect all 5 standards and provide a comprehensive Healthy Homes Inspection Report.
- Experience. We have inspected over 60,000 rentals across NZ.
- Quality installation. Our installers are well trained to quickly and efficiently install insulation and more to NZS 4246:2016 and EECA standards.
- Excellent Health & Safety. We don't take risks and neither should you. We have Impac PreQual independent verification of our health and safety processes for your risk management assurance.
- Insurance cover. Brightr carries comprehensive insurance to protect your clients or your property.
- Warranties: We have comprehensive processes from initial contact to installing and auditing our work, to the issue of our own workmanship and manufacturers’ guarantees.
- Payment Options. We've a variety of payment options to help pay for your insulation, heat pumps & extractors.
- We'll coordinate it all. We can coordinate with your tenants to make the whole process easy.
For more details, download our free Brightr Rental brochure.
Get a heat pump installed from only $1,699*.
Landlords can get a Haier 2.5kW Tempo heat pump installed in your rental from just $1,699*. We have great brands to suit any budget including Haier, Panasonic and Mitsubishi. Read more here.
Our customers have said...
I give a high rating because of the exceptional service. You recently gave me when fitting the under house insulation, for which I’m grateful thanks.Beverley, Gisborne
Boys were efficient and hard working, they left with the place tidy and did a excellent job. As soon as I know someone that will benefit from this I will be recommending you.Noella, Otago
The installers were quick and polite, house trained and professional. The telephone team/admin people were great too. Our house is so much warmer. We will definitely call up the team to do our next home.Pip, Northland
Healthy Homes Standards for Rentals
We can help make your rentals compliant with the new Healthy Homes Standards as well as warmer, drier and healthier for your tenants. Leave your contact details here and one of our friendly team will be in touch to help. We'll coordinate with your tenants and ensure your products are installed safely and your rental investment is protected.
Hate filling in forms? Call us direct 0800 888 766
We answer 24 hours, 7 days a week so call us anytime.