80% Warmer Kiwi Homes Grants
- Product description
- Product details
EECA's Warmer Kiwi Homes programme helps eligible homeowners insulate and heat their homes.
It provides qualifying homeowners with:
- 80-100% insulation grants for ceiling and underfloor insulation, and on-ground moisture barriers depending on which area you live in;
- 80% heat pump grants (up to $3,000 inc GST). We can help in Bay of Plenty and Eastern Bay of Plenty, subsidy providers vary by region.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST today to see if you're eligible and whether we have grants in your region. Terms and conditions apply.
80% Warmer Kiwi Homes Grants.
Owner-occupiers of homes built pre-2008 who meet EECA's Warmer Kiwi Homes criteria may be eligible for funding. Contact us today and we'll get back to you, or you can check your address using the EECA tool to see if you qualify.
To be eligible for a Warmer Kiwi Homes grant you will need to:
- be the occupying homeowner with a valid Community Services Card or SuperGold combo card; OR
- own and be living in a home in an area identified as lower-income (NZ Deprivation Index 8, 9 or 10) OR
- own a home built before 2008.
We make the process easy
- we do a free Home Assessment and provide you with a quote, including funding and finance options
- we help you with the paperwork
- we arrange to have your insulation and/or heat pump installed to government standards
- we guarantee our workmanship and products
Finance options for Rental Properties.
Subsidies for landlords finished in July 2018 under the previous EECA Energywise Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes programme.
Instead we have other finance options available for landlords including:
6 questions & answers about this product
What is the EECA "Warmer Kiwi Homes" programme?
The EECA "Warmer Kiwi Homes" programme offers grants of 80-100% for insulation and heat pumps, for eligible owner-occupied homes in limited regions.
The government recognises the need for insulation and heating to create warmer, healthier homes.
- 80-100% insulation grants* for ceiling and underfloor insulation, and on-ground moisture barriers (extra funding is available in some regions from additional support of local Trusts);
- 80% heat pump grants (capped at $3,000) but the homeowner must have adequate insulation installed (up to EECA standards), and not have an existing operational heating appliance in the main living area.
Contact us today and we'll contact you and let you know if your home is eligible.
What is the eligiblity criteria for Warmer Kiwi Homes?
Eligibility for 80-100% Warmer Kiwi Homes grants
- The home must have been built prior to 2008
- Low income homeowners will be defined as those who either:
- have a Community Services Card or SuperGold Card with CSC endorsement, OR
- live in a New Zealand Deprivation Index 8, 9 or 10 area, OR
- are families referred through the Ministry of Health’s Healthy Homes Initiative.
To be eligible for the Heat Pump grant, your insulation must be adequate and up to EECA standards. If you're not insulated, then we can assess your insulation and heat pump at the same time.
Heat Pump grants - what regions?
We offer 80% Warmer Kiwi Homes Heat Pump grants in the Bay of Plenty only. Please go to the EECA TOOL to find out who can help you with a heat pump grant in your area. If you don't have any luck, please contact us as we have finance options that could help you.
What finance support is there if my property isn't eligible?
Even if you are not eligible for a subsidy we have a range of other financial support including:
- Have your power with us and get 24 months interest-free on our energy saving products with our One Smart Energy Account
- Options to pay off insulation on your local council rates over up to 10 years
- Information on adding insulation to your mortgage
- ANZ offers $5,000 interest-free finance for up to 4 years
- Westpac's 5 year Interest Free Loans of up to $10,000
- Finance options in association with Squirrel Money & Q Card
Our assessments are obligation free so what have you got to lose - book an assessment today.
Can anyone in the home have a Community Services Card to be eligible?
The homeowner needs a valid Community Services Card or SuperGold combo card to be eligible for the grant.
What products are covered in the Insulation Grant?
The Warmer Kiwi Homes programme covers ceiling and underfloor insulation, and where required ground vapour barriers.
Can I register interest?
Yes of course. Contact us today to arrange your free Assessment and quote.
Ask a question about 80% Warmer Kiwi Homes Grants
3 customer reviews
Salesman and Installation team were awesome. The installation guys were friendly and did a good job. All in all we are happy with the end result and very thankful for the Government subsidy to help us have a warmer home and we have definitely noticed the difference.Simon, Waikato
Fast efficient service and met all the promises. Our elderly tenant is now nice and warm in winter.Robyn, Tauranga
Cost was significantly cheaper than competition due to insulation subsidy. A thorough initial professional quote, good communication, punctual install team. Very professional, friendly and very efficient. Final work checked by supervisor. Could not ask for better service. I don't give out recommendations lightly so well done and thank you.Ross, Christchurch
We give free advice, quotes and finance solutions for home insulation. Send your details and we'll call you back to help.
Hate filling in forms? Call us direct 0800 888 766
We answer 24 hours, 7 days a week so call us anytime.
Our customers have said...
Price was good. Every worker that came to us were professional, willing to help and explain everything. We’ve had lots of comments that our home doesn’t smell damp. We’re more than happy to use you again and happy to give anyone your number.Stan, Taranaki
Your company has done the insulation for the ceiling and underfloor of my house. The job was very well done. We appreciate what you guys have done for us and our house is much warmer now. I have to say thank you to the salesperson and the workers who put the blanket on. They are awesome. They are all very professional, friendly and helpful.Wei, Wellington
You are true to your brand promise! You are not just providing energy efficient solutions but has smart people who know and do their job well, with a high standard of workmanship and customer oriented in their dealings with clients. Also, please extend our gratitude to the management of EECA, Otago Community Trust and Cozy Kiwi. No words are enough to express our gratitude. Again, thank you!Glenn & Jem, Dunedin