LATEST RENTAL BOND ANALYSIS
See the latest Rental Bond data from Tenancy Services about market size, tenant mobility and average weekly rents by region.
The latest Rental Bond Data from Tenancy Services paints a picture of the size, mobility and rents for the latest Tenancy Agreements & Bonds.
Every month Tenancy Services released data about the rental bonds they hold including the movement in bonds closed, bonds lodged and median rents by region. This data is a useful barometer for property management companies as to a) changes in the number of rentals available in your region b) the market size in your region allowing you to estimate your market share c) average rents for new tenancies in your region.
The data presented here has been adjusted by Brightr to reflect the pattern of delayed lodgements and closed bonds in the three most recent months.
Brightr Rental Bond Analysis - May 2022
- The adjusted* number of Active Rental Bonds held by Tenancy Services in May‘22 was 0.52% higher than May 2021 (+2011) indicating that a decline in rental ownership as a result of Healthy Homes Standards has not eventuated.
- Closed Rental Bonds in May ‘22 were 13.6% down on May ‘21 and New bonds lodged in the month were similarly down 13.7%. These declines suggest a level of tenant immobility likely resulting from recent increases in rental prices and also cost of living.
- The Median Rent associated with new bonds lodged with Tenancy Services in May 2022 was $543 which is 8.6% higher than May 2021 but slightly down on April this year.
- The Healthy Homes Standards apply to all new Tenancy Agreements from 1 July 2021. This data revels an estimated 128,144 rental agreements to May '22 and a projected first full year of 140,000 agreements for compliant properties to the end of June.
Active Rental Bonds
Median Rent for New Tenancies
Bonds Closed & Lodged
Healthy Homes Standards for Rentals
Whether you need a compliance report or insulation, heat pumps, extractors or ground moisture barrier installed - we can coordinate it all.
Hate filling in forms? Call us direct 0800 888 766
We answer 24 hours, 7 days a week so call us anytime.
ABOUT RENTAL BOND DATA
- The data above is an analysis of data from Tenancy Services Bond Database.
- Lodgements are attributed to the month the tenancy commences not when the bond is lodged.
- Landlords have 23 working days to lodge a bond with Tenancy Services, the bond lodgements are then processed which may take 10-15 working days.
- Tenancy Services releases the data from their bond database approximately a month and a half after the end of the period.
- There can be a couple of months delay in landlords lodging or withrawing bonds so the data can change over the subsequent 2-3 months.
* Brightr applies an adjustment factor to the most recent 3 months data reflecting an established pattern of delayed lodgements and closed bonds.
For further information on the analysis above please contact email@example.com
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information, no guarantee is given nor responsibility taken for errors or omissions.
As the information is for general use and not intended to serve as advice, no warranty is given in relation to the accuracy, reliability or appropriateness of any information. The information does not constitute professional advice and should not be relied upon as such. Users are therefore encouraged to consult with their chosen professional advisers before making any decision.
We do not accept any liability for any loss or damages for the information or advice provided on this website or incorporated into this website by reference, or which is incurred as a result of the use or, or reliance upon, the information and advice contained on this website.