01 August 2020
Clothes dryers are a convenient option when you lead a busy lifestyle.
A standard 5kg clothes dryer costs around 97c per load if you're using it year round*.
When considering investing in a clothes dryer, here's some great tips:
- When possible dry your clothes outside. Fresh air and sunshine can help kill bacteria and dust mites, and may even help fade stains.
- Make sure your dryer is vented to the outside so the moisture doesn't make the house damp.
- If you’re going to use your dryer regularly, look for a model with an auto-sensing feature. Auto-sensing prevents over-drying which saves electricity and is also better for your clothes.
- Thoroughly spin-dry the clothes in your washing machine first. It takes a lot less electricity to spin water out of clothes than it does to heat it out.
- Clean the lint filter on your dryer after each load.
Make sure your home is well ventilated - contact us today to book your free home energy assessment to find out how.