06 May 2021
Some Whakatane and Eastern Bay of Plenty homeowners may be eligible for 100% OFF insulation & 80% OFF heat pumps.
Under the Warmer Kiwi Homes & Trust Horizon's subsidy programmes, some Eastern Bay of Plenty homeowners may be eligible* for:
100% OFF insulation (ceiling and underfloor, ground vapour barriers) PLUS
80% OFF living room heat pumps (up to $3,000) if:
- the homeowner has adequate insulation installed (up to EECA standards), AND
- does not have an existing operational heating appliance in the main living area; AND
- your home was built before 2008; AND
- you live in the Kawerau, Whakatane and Opotiki districts, AND
- you have a valid Community Services Card or SuperGold combo card, OR
- you own and be living in a home in an area identified as lower-income (NZDI 8, 9 or 10) OR
- you have been referred by the Healthy Homes Initiative.These subsidies are exclusive to homeowners who live in a neighbourhood targeted by the Government as being in most need. Take advantage of these subsidies while they last.
Don't meet the EECA criteria?
You may be eligible for 50% OFF insulation (25% from Trust Horizon, 25% from Brightr) if you:
- own and live in the home which was built before 2008, AND
- you own and be living in a home in an area identified in NZDI 6 or 7 in the following regions: Whakatane District Council, Kawerau District Council or Opotiki District Council areas
Call us today on 0800 888 766 or online to see if you or your home is eligible.
What about Rental properties? There is no funding for rental properties in the new "Warmer Kiwi Homes" programme. Read about other finance options for landlords.
Other energy saving solutions
If your home is already insulated, we can still help you with heating, ventilation, hot water management solutions, LED downlights and more. You’ll save money on your power bills too!
Contact us today to book your FREE Home Energy Assessment where we’ll do a no-obligation measure and quote, advice on what insulation and any other energy efficient solutions you need, and help you with the paperwork.
If you’re not sure about what you need we can even provide you with a Free Home Energy Plan.
Don’t delay, call us on 0800 888 766 or request a home assessment or Free Energy Plan online here.
* Insulation and heat pump funding is for eligible owner occupiers of pre-2008 homes who live in the Kawerau, Whakatane and Opotiki Districts, as part of EECA’s Warmer Kiwi Homes programme. Terms & conditions including accessibility apply. For more details, visit Eastern Bay of Plenty Region page.