Building Energy Efficient New Homes.
Renovating or building a new home? Make it green!
Make your home smarter, cheaper to run and more sustainable with our smart energy solutions. Renovating or building a new home is the best time to improve the energy efficiency, health and comfort of your new home because many energy efficiency products are more difficult and/or costly to add retrospectively.
It is worth upgrading from minimum building code levels of insulation and incorporating appropriate heating and ventilation from the beginning to create a more "passive home". A Passive Home aims to maximise the thermal efficiency of your home or new build to minimise or eliminate heating and cooling costs.
The main energy costs within your home relate to the thermal envelope, space heating, water heating and lighting - we can work with you and/or your builder to ensure your insulation, heating system, ventilation, downlights and water heating suit your needs and use energy wisely. Book a Free Home Assessment or email us at email@example.com
5 benefits of building an ECO home.
Building an ECO home means combining sustainable, durable building materials to create a more comfortable, healthy and energy efficient home that lasts.
- Healthier home: research by the University of Otago has proven that people living in warm dry houses have less respiratory health issues.
- Play your bit for the planet: Making environmental choices that do less harm to the planet and use less resources.
- Lower power bills: incorporating energy efficiency products may require a higher initial investment but the payback starts with your very first power bill. Focus on the products with the quickest payback period.
- Higher resale value: people are willing to pay more for an energy efficient home - especially if you can brag about your low power bills.
- Less maintenance: without adequate warmth and ventilation your home can become a breeding ground for mold and mildew. Costs associated with this include mould removal, paint damage, curtain damage and more.
New home insulation.
Ceiling, underfloor and wall insulation are all mandatory in new build homes so it can be easy to take it for granted. Typically only the minimum level of insulation is specified and yet upgrading to a higher R-Value will make your home warmer in winter, cooler in summer and more energy efficient. The incremental cost is not significant.
Another important type of insulation to include is acoustic insulation for privacy and noise control. We recommend acoustic insulation around bathrooms, between floors and in internal walls behind TVs & sound systems.
Our advisors can talk to you about the various types of wall and ceiling insulation available and suggest what upgrades and R-Values will add to your comfort and lower your heating bills long term.
Energy efficient heating for new homes.
Heat pumps are considered by EECA to be the most energy efficient form of electric heating for our homes.
We have a range of heat pump solutions from leading brands including Mitsubishi Electric, Panasonic and Haier and we can help you select the best format for your living spaces and bedrooms. There are a range of design solutions with a more attractive indoors units as well as floor consoles.
We give advice and quotes on a range of products to make your home or investment property warmer, healthier and more energy efficient. Contact our Brightr team who’ll take you through how improving your property can be made easy.
Hate filling in forms? Call us direct 0800 888 766
We answer 24 hours, 7 days a week so call us anytime.