08 July 2021
80% insulation and heat pump subsidies now available for eligible owner-occupiers.
Warmer Kiwi Homes grants now 80% for insulation and heat pumps*
With the recent budget announcement on the 20th May 2021, the government's Warmer Kiwi Homes programme is offering grants of 80% (previously 90%) for ceiling and underfloor insulation, onground vapour barriers and heat pumps for eligible homeowners in most regions. These means an extra 47,700 homeowners houses who otherwise cannot afford it, can now be insulated and heated. The programme will also be extended to June 2023 with additional funding of $120 million.
What are the new subsidies?
- 80-100% insulation grants for ceiling and underfloor insulation, and on-ground moisture barriers (extra funding is available in some regions from additional support of local Trusts);
- 80% heat pump grants (capped at $3,000) but the homeowner must have adequate insulation installed (up to EECA standards), and not have an existing operational heating appliance in the main living area. We can only offer heat pump grants in the Bay of Plenty region, but have other finance options available for other regions.
To be eligible* for Warmer Kiwi Homes grants:
- The home must have been built prior to 2008 AND
- The homeowner must either:
- have a Community Services Card or SuperGold Card with CSC endorsement, OR
- live in a New Zealand Deprivation Index 8, 9 or 10 area, OR
- be referred through the Ministry of Health’s Healthy Homes Initiative.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST today to see if you're eligible and whether we have grants in your region. Terms and conditions apply.
What about Rental properties?
There is no funding for rental properties in the EECA Energywise "Warmer Kiwi Homes" programme. Subsidies for landlords concluded 30 June 2018. Read about other finance options for landlords.